Monday, December 14, 2009

I Hit the Jackpot with Marqe

I have something to take to my meeting with my Samaritan friend Benny today. I found a passage in the Mimar Marqe which not only references the establishment of proselytes (which necessarily dates the text to the early second century at the very latest) but connects that ritual to Passover and by implication the Festival of Unleavened Bread. Given what we saw in the last post (i.e. that Mark understood this 'glorification' on the seventh day of Passover as something given to all generations and not just the ancient Israelites) I can finally prove that the Samaritans of Mark had a baptism ritual for proselytes in the late first century/early second century ON THE EXACT SAME DATE AS THE FOLLOWERS OF MARK IN ALEXANDRIA.

For those following at home just read Mimar Marqe Book III Chapter 3 and you'll see it yourselves.

More to follow. Have to get ready for my meeting.


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.