Friday, January 29, 2010

The Development of My Theory that 'to the Corinthians' was Called 'to the Alexandrians' by the Marcionites

Sorry, that I might be seen as repeating myself here. It's just that I am trying to promote this idea at another site on the internet. I sometimes think that I post so much material on the internet that some of the best ideas I come up get lost in stories of debauchery and general silliness.

In any event I think my theory that our canon letter to the Corinthians was originally identified as 'to the Alexandrians' but the Marcionites is the greatest thing I have ever come up with (but that's the nature of my personality). I used to go to have dinner at the houses of my mother-in-law and my two sister-in-laws and told each of them in front of the others that 'this was the best meal I ever had.' Every time I go on vacation I think it is the best vacation I ever had. I every time I have sex with a woman I think I am in love.

In any event, here are the posts that led to the article I am writing right now for a prominent journal:

1. Danny Mahar Observation that the First Letter to the Corinthians Appears to Function 'Antithetically'

2. Why I Believe Our Canonical Epistle to the Corinthians was Originally Identified as 'to the Alexandrians' Before the Reforms of Irenaeus

3. The Letter to the Galatians Was NOT the First Epistle in the Marcionite Canon - Scholars Just Never Read Tertullian Thoroughly Enough

4. And I Think I Can Answer the Objection that the So-Called 'Old Syriac Canon' and Ephrem Had Galatains at the Head of Their List of Pauline Epistles

5. Some More Speculation About the Early Canons

6. The Ultimate Proof that the Letter to the Corinthians was Originaly Named ''to the Alexandrians'

7. Apelles, Apollos and the Controversy in the Marcionite Epistle to the Alexandrians

8. Origen, Secret Mark and the 'Shadow Canon' of Second, Third and Fourth Century Alexandria


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.