Saturday, February 20, 2010

Syncronicity

I was on my flight home from my meeting, thinking about the Ethiopian use of the Book of Jubilees when I discovered as fate would have it that the man sitting behind me was an official from the Ethiopian Coptic Church. I only figured out that he was Ethiopian by the crazy text of the book he was reading. As I am Canadian I felt 'uncomfortable' about disturbing him. So I sat for the whole ride trying to decipher what the pulp fiction novel he was reading was saying with my limited knowledge of the Ethiopian language.

That's how we Canadians behave, my friends. I tell the Americans I know that people get it wrong when they say we're 'nice' in the Great White North. At best we're polite.

In any event I confirmed something I have always suspected at this post.

The last (twenty second) letter of the alphabet (tau or tawi as they call it in Ethiopia) certainly looks like a Christian cross. This undoubtedly was developed after the nation adopted Christianity but it still preserves the same idea.

The Cross, the number 22, the letter tau and the number 8, the crossing of the Red Sea all intersect at the heart of the most important mystery of Christianity.


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.