Friday, March 19, 2010

I Am Kind of on Holiday for the Weekend

I am staying at this very strange hotel on the coast of Oregon which is kind of like a W Hotel for farmers.  It's a refurbished nineteenth century hotel transformed into what they now call a 'boutique hotel.'  I think I just had to get away from living in the woods.  So now I am with all these small town folks 'dressed up to the nines' thinking they're going to the 'big city' when the 'city' has only a population of 10,000.

It's definitively surreal.

In any event will continue posting whenever I have chance.  I am intrigued about the possibility that the Mar Saba document witnesses the beginning of the persecution of Alexandrian Christianity.  Make no mistake about it - anyone who venerated Mark as a second Moses (and anyone who thinks that Mark was the original evangelist is intimating EXACTLY THAT) was persecuted by the Roman government.

Just ask the Samaritans, the only people in the history of monotheism MORE PERSECUTED than the Copts.


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.