Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Story on the Throne of St. Mark

The story appears here. I am glad that interest is being generated in this discovery I made in Venice. For me, it is like I uncovered an archaeological treasure hidden away in one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world! You know there was a time when I had crazy Evangelicals telling me I was 'reading into the symbolism' when I claimed that there were depictions of angels blowing shofars? Anyway, it's good that people are learning about this amazing ancient relic which connects Christianity to its original roots in Judaism in Alexandria.  If only we could rediscover the rest of the church - the Martyrium of St. Mark - where this object originally resided.  Maybe we will!  Let's wait until next year ...


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.