Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I Want to Apologize to the Greek People For Implying In Any Way that They Are Xenophobic Merely Because a Civil Servant at the Zagoras Library Won't Cooperate With my Research

I get frustrated when unnecessary roadblocks are put up in my research into the actual date of that edition of Voss's Epistles of Ignatius that the Library of Zagoras claims was sent by John Priggos. Maybe there were a hundred reasons why the librarian won't tell me what the date of that edition is. In the end, it doesn't matter. I will get a Greek friend to go to the library in the next few weeks and check it out himself. That they don't want to cooperate with me is no sign of xenophobia on their part. Perhaps they just don't like me which - as many would attest - is a sign of their sensibility.

The good news is that I am getting a CD filled with books that were sent by John Priggos to Callinicus III filled with notes and comments written in the blank pages of the front and back of each book. I have the world's greatest, nicest and most forgiving expert on paleography to thank for this gesture - Agamemnon Tselikas. Thank you, Mr Tselikas. I hope you will allow me to share some of this information with my readership.


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.