Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Could the Mar Saba Mystery Be Solved in Twenty Four Hours?

I received an email this morning from a professor in Greek who says she has handwriting match for Mar Saba 65. Or at least I think that's what she's saying Her English is impeccable. It's just that I send the original request for a handwriting match to someone else who forwarded the email to her. I am assuming she saw the photo of the Mar Saba document discovered by Morton Smith in 1958. She said she will fax and mail me the original handwriting of a certain monk who ran the Mar Saba monastery in the early nineteenth century tomorrow. I will post it here as soon as I get it. I am very hopeful of course but we have been through this before. I have been guilty of being overly enthusiastic before but I have checked her credentials and found they are impeccable. She has expertise in handwriting from this period. Let's see how this all turns out. Cautiously optimistic ...


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.