Thursday, November 17, 2011

And I Finally Figured Out How Many of Those Bibliobloggers Cheated to Inflate Their Alexa Ranking

With Blogger's new internal statistics I can see that as soon as I post a new article to my blog my dlvr.it account sends information to my Facebook and Twitter account. In other words, this counts as two hits almost immediately. If someone established hundreds of Facebook and Twitter accounts and then continually made idiotic posts like one notorious overweight Biblioblogger who shall remain nameless the over all effect would be that thousands of people were coming to your site even though no one actually came. It's just the function of dlvr.it taking the post and delivering it to Facebook and Twitter. At the very least they are proved to be smarter than me because it took me this long to figure out what was going on.


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.