Thursday, January 26, 2012

Maybe Frankism Isn't Complete Bullshit After All ...

I stumbled upon this today:

According to y. Taanit 1:1, 64a: “In the scroll of R. Meir they found written, instead of 'The burden of Dumah' (Isa. 21:11), 'The burden of Roma [Rome]'.” 
For those who have ears to hear, let him hear.  I should also note that as I was going through Isaiah 21 I couldn't help but think I had heard these words somewhere before.  Sure enough, I looked up a biography of Bob Dylan and found it was the inspiration for ...



To begin to understand the theological implications of this passage here is a useful passage from the Jerusalem Talmud.  Will transcribe it here shortly.


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.