Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Working on Chapter Eight of the Myth of Jesus Christ

I've really been exhausted lately. That's probably why I haven't posted anything in awhile. My publisher has said that he wants to see a whole manuscript rather than the first seven chapters but that he's 'very interested' - so that's good news. The only difficulty is that writing a book like this is going to take months not weeks. I started working on the first seven chapters at the end of March and now it's about the middle of April. I am at about 42,000 words. I think they want the book to come in at about 150,000 words so I figure that if I continue to work at the clip I was before I would be finished by the end of June. But I don't know if I can keep up this pace. I mean, thinking is physically draining. Seriously. You have to be as aware as you can be about everything that has ever been said about a subject in order to avoid saying something stupid or making a mistake.

I actually think writing a scholarly article is easier than trying to do what I am doing here which is making a serious book into a compelling read for a broad audience. This next chapter is going to kill me because I just came up with the idea this week. Those are the worst because you haven't figured out if the model will actually work or not.

In any event, I use the blog and my duty to my readership to compel me to finish the chapters. So don't be surprised if you see an unfinished chapter appearing here and augmenting over the next few days. I just feel like staying in bed for a month.  In the meantime here's the latest musical act I am working on for a show I'm doing in Las Vegas.



Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.