Saturday, November 24, 2012

What to Buy the Priest Who Has Everything?

I feel very generous this year.  After working so hard, and having all my colleagues tell me to throw in the towel, that there just wasn't anything more I could do.  I remembered a conversation I had with a certain Father.  He told me I should give up asking so many questions and instead embrace the truth that is the established faith of the Christian Church.  

And you know what?  I thought to myself this morning, he's right. I should stop asking so many questions, stop bringing up the past.  Because where is that going to get you?  It's Christmas and in my part of the world that means buying people gifts.

So why not take advantage of Amazon or some similar service and buy that special priest on your list a Christmas gift.  But what to buy the priest that has everything?  Ouzo?  Well but that is so impersonal.  I was thinking more along the lines of a gold watch.  Of course to get the watch pictured here I am going to need some help.  But maybe it doesn't have to be so expensive.  As they say, it's the thought that counts.


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.