Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More "Oh My God!" From Ephrem's Commentary on the Diatessaron

I am still driving home reading bits and pieces of this commentary. All I can say is OMG!! Everything I have ever thought or said about Marcionitism is here in this "orthodox" commentary. I have been told that my Real Messiah should be required reading for the study of early Christianity. I can now honestly say NO, this book above all others should be required reading! Everything now makes sense. You can see how Marcionitism and Polycarpianism (the actual name for Middle Eastern Christianity in Syriac) diverged from one another. You also are how Islam got started.

All I can say again is OMG! OMG! I can't believe that idiotic scholars think Nag Hammadi was a bigger find. Typical American sensationalism ...

If you are interested in reading how this observation fits within my greater understanding of the workings of Secret Mark WITHIN the contemporary Alexandrian Church please go here

If you want to read more about how Alexandrian Christianity was rooted in the Jewish traditions of Alexandria, Philo of Alexandria and more feel free to purchase my new book here



Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.