Thursday, January 28, 2010

Shlomo Moussaieff - My Kind of Jew

I have been developing a lot of posts on the subject of the Mar Saba document over the last few months. I think part of the reason for that is that I was also working on a documentary at the end of last year (which is now in hiatus). In any event, I think I am going to make a radical 360 degree departure next week and start blogging about seductive women.

I am just joking of course. But the truth is that I will be shifting the focus of the blog next week. I found a new love, a new interest - the most beautiful Jewish woman in history (and you know when you say 'beautiful Jewish women' you're not dealing with a long list).

Any way I got the latest issue of BAR last week. The first thing I noticed was that April DeConick had a column or her face beside an article on the Gospel of Thomas - congrats to April! She's always interesting to read.

The truth is that I've been trying to get an article on my Throne of St. Mark in that trashy journal forever it seems. It's never going to happen because I tried one too many times to get something published that had no chance of getting published.

In any event the article which knocked my socks off this month though was the one which appeared after April's piece - the about Berenice the last Queen of Israel. It was like a revelation. Finally someone who 'gets' how the last Herodians are under appreciated by historians.

You see Berenice and Marcus Julius Agrippa were real Jews, not idealized works of fiction like King David and Moses. Reality's such a hard thing to take.

After reading this interesting article about Berenice being responsible for getting the Emperor Titus to repeal the Jew tax that Vespasian set up after the war of 70 CE I thought to myself - I guess God was talking to someone other than me (that because my book - the Real Messiah is based on the exact same revelation).

So I when I finished the short article the first question that popped into my head was - who the f--- is this guy? I knew that a woman hadn't written the article. He just 'knew the ways of women' in the way only a man can understand women.

So I started wondering - there is no way that this guy is an academic.  This guy has obviously 'been around.' He knows women and he knows the way the world works.

Sorry folks it's true. Academics only meet one kind of woman. The kind of woman no one wants and the kind who are left bitter owing to the 'unsexing' of themselves.

Say what you want about me - I have lived life and I know that a hot, sexy, well connected, intelligent woman can move mountains. I've seen it, lived it, and whatever else there is to do with 'it.'

A beautiful, intelligent woman can do anything she wants. If I was going to develop a spy agency I would just hire this type of woman to do all my espionage.  She is like the story of the capture of Troy except Helen in this case is the wooden horse.

I know what happens when God puts too much woman in a woman. The ultimate woman - the kind that can bring a powerful man to his knees - is a historical type and this guy who wrote the article had been around. I just knew it.

So I am looking at the guys name - Shlomo Moussaieff - and I am thinking Sephardic Jew. I still don't know who he is. So I looked him up on Wikipedia and I thought - he's my kind of Jew (which means of course he's 'Jewish like me'):

Shlomo Moussaieff (born 1922) is an Israeli billionaire of Bukharian Jewish descent who has lived in London since the early 1960s. He is the son of Rehavia Moussaieff, and grandson of Shlomo Moussaieff of Bukhara. He made most of his fortune by selling precious jewelry to international royalty and high society, especially Saudis and Persian Gulf Arab States. He speaks Arabic fluently. The average price of a necklace in his store, located in the Hilton hotel in London's Mayfair district, is over a million dollars.[citation needed]

At the age of 11 Moussaieff’s father, Rehavia threw him out of the house because Moussaieff refused to pray. The young rebellious Moussaieff didn’t believe in God. In the years he spent in the ancient caves of Sanhedria he started his collection of Jewish antiquity. He was caught robbing an ancient grave and was put in a school for delinquent youth. There he learned the Arabic language and culture from his Arab comrades, which later saved his life and contributed to his abilities as a merchant.

During World War II, when he was 17 years old Moussaieff was drafted into the British army. After the fighting ceased, he found many Kabbalah books in the treasuries of deserted synagogues in Italy. These books were to follow him for the rest of his life.

In 1948 Shlomo fought in the old city of Jerusalem. When the city fell into the hands of the Jordanian Legion, he was taken captive and was imprisoned for a year.

Shlomo’s greatest affection is to the Bible and its hidden wisdom. His passion for the Bible led him over the last half-century to purchase the richest collection of Biblical archaeology.
Some notable family members include:

Dorrit Moussaieff is the daughter of Shlomo Moussaieff of London. She is the First Lady of Iceland and is married to the current President of Iceland, Mr Olafur Ragnar Grimsson.


Any way this guy has set up a million societies related to kabbalah, Jewish history and secrets of the Bible. So not wanting to miss out on the gravy train I sent out a copy of my book with prominent mention of my lineage when I tracked him down to his exclusive beach front residence in Israel.

I am sure he's going to tell me to f--- off but that's half the fun of life - and women. You just never know ...


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.