Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's Callinicus!

I am now virtually certain that Callinicus III (IV) penned the Mar Saba document.  I found enough evidence that his handwriting continued to evolve throughout his life and moreover.  As Tselikas told me through a friend, he literally wrote all day from the time he got up until the time he went to bed stopping only to eat.  He has very specific styles of writing and I can firmly point to Mar Saba 65 as one of those 'styles' used for special occasions - such as the copying out of a newly discovered manuscript like to Theodore.

This is very exciting folks.  I am going to have to consult with those who have been helping me develop this thesis about what to do next.  But clearly Mar Saba 65 is Callinicus III (IV)'s hand just as Scouvaras and later Smith suspected.  Who am I to disagree with the experts!


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.