Friday, March 22, 2013

Markus Vinzent is Brilliant

I am finally getting down to reading his Christ's Resurrection in Early Christianity and the Making of the New Testament, (Surrey: Ashgate, 2011).  He sees what I always saw in the long gospel reference at the beginning of the Ethiopic text of the Epistula Apostolorum.  There is a lot in this wonderful book that takes the study of Marcionitism beyond the efforts of the last century.  I finally feel like I am living in a new age of Patristic studies.  I am no longer a frustrated, embittered cynic.  Scholarship can really sing when the author is a virtuoso.  If they say we read to stop feeling alone, this book confirms I have a kindred spirit out there in the world.  Maybe many more.  Thoroughly brilliant.


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.