Thursday, November 20, 2014

167. Matthew 7:2, 10:33, 10:34

Adamantius (citing from Marcion's NT cf. 824a and immediately after saying) "I have your Apostolikon here) If, however, judgement comes from the Good God the Good God is revealed as judge. Where, then, do we place the Scripture that says, "For whatever a man sows, that also will he reap?"(Gal 6:7) Where, pray, do we set the Saviour's declaration, "The measure you give will be the measure you get" (Matt 7:2): and "Whoever denies Me before men, him will I also deny before My Father who is in heaven" (Matt 10:33). Also, "I also came not to bring peace but a sword" (Matt 10:34). This too "I came not to bring peace but fire" (Luke 12:49) and this "woe to you scribes" (Matt 23:13ff) [Pretty p. 81]


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.