Friday, August 7, 2009

Biblioblog Ranking for July

It is an utterly incredible period for me. My book is hovering around 30,000 place on Amazon during the week (the weekends are strangely much worse), I am in active negotiations with a cable network to do a documentary about my book and this blog ranked a 124th in the recent Biblioblog rankings, my first month being ranked.

Now I know some people (my wife for instance) will say 'so what' to all of this. My book is not a bestseller, I don't have the documentary green lit yet nor indeed is 124th place very impressive. Yet the way I look at it, my blog here is very different than all those other sites I am ranked against.

I represent a dead religious tradition.

Unlike other bloggers who turn their blog into a kind of electronic newspaper for the internet telling everyone about the 'latest happenings' in the world of Biblical studies, my blog features my daily observations and my constant re-working of my ideosyncratic hypothesis about the origins of Christianity.

The fact that I have 4,500 page views in a month to learn more about my dead religion is simply amazing to me. I get to corresponded with a lot of amazing, intelligent people. I get instant feedback about many of my ideas. This is better than sex (although the only sex I ever participated in had me as an active participant, so you can see right there why I might not have enjoyed it so much)...


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.