Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Biggest Discovery Ever

I am being dragged along everywhere by my mother but I did managed to confirm my theory that Jesus ONLY mentioned "drinking from my cup" AFTER LGM 1. This is witnessed in Ephrem's Commentary on the Diatessaron. I know people will say "oh but maybe Ephrem passes over mention of the future baptism in silence choosing only to reference the cup. But this can be disproved quite easily as the "my baptism" reference is actually MOVED to a much earlier part of the original Diatessarono. In other words, Jesus says his disciples have to baptized by HIS baptism long before the apolytrosis of LGM 1

As I said absolutely.critical stuff!! More when my visiting mother goes to bed. This Commentary is key to making sense of Secret Mark. I promise ...

If you are interested in reading how this observation fits within my greater understanding of the workings of Secret Mark WITHIN the contemporary Alexandrian Church please go here

If you want to read more about how Alexandrian Christianity was rooted in the Jewish traditions of Alexandria, Philo of Alexandria and more feel free to purchase my new book here



Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.