Wednesday, September 23, 2009

More on Ephrem's Commentary

The second citation of Mark 10:38 in Ephrem's Commentary is even more interesting than the one I just posted. I am with my Mom but here's the gist of it. The sons of Zebedee ask Jesus to grant them a wish, Jesus says 'I will do it' so he has to give in to their request, they ask for the right hand etc. and all that Jesus does is warn them about the tortures associated with his Passion.

I will blog about this at greater length shortly but notice no mention of the 'future baptism' and an acknowledgement that someone who wasn't Jesus sitting to the right at the conclusion ...

If you are interested in reading how this observation fits within my greater understanding of the workings of Secret Mark WITHIN the contemporary Alexandrian Church please go here

If you want to read more about how Alexandrian Christianity was rooted in the Jewish traditions of Alexandria, Philo of Alexandria and more feel free to purchase my new book here



Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.