Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I've Just Agreed to do Another Aeon Byte Interview

Well not more than a second after I replied to Miguel I am here telling everyone here that I have agreed to be interviewed at the Aeon Byte Gnostic Radio Show.  It's been a weird day.  The nanny that also cleans our house didn't show up so now I have two job vacancies at casa mia.  I couldn't go to work so I am stuck at home all today.  This explains the eclectic mix of stories today.

The topic of my interview with be the theories I have been developing here on Secret Mark (and which will be the subject of my forthcoming book for March 2011).  You know when I tell people about my last book I always say something like "yeah well you know I did make much on the book, just the advance."  Then if the person I am talking to is another author on this esoteric subject matter they will inevitably say something like "well you don't write a book to make money ..."

It is at this point in the conversation that I never know what to say because I always think there should be money in everything.  When I have sex with a woman, if she isn't handing me money after it's all over I feel somehow that I failed (strangely it's always me pulling out the money).

But seriously, I was really disappointed when I did get this check after a year of the book being on the market. This shows you how stupid I really I am.  I heard the book was being reprinted, that it sold so many copies etc.  And I am like Cuba Gooding Jr in Jerry Maguire waiting by the phone ... and then its this.

My wife has always noticed this strange dichotomy in my personality.  I never let money guide my life but at the same time I judge everything by whether or not it actually generates money or an income.  It's not like I do this voluntarily.  It must be my father's voice echoing in my brain from when I was young.  Whenever I told him about any thing I was interested - i.e. starting a band, taking philosophy at university - I could hear him mutter the words "Das ist eine brotlose Kunst ..." under his breath.

The saying means "this is a breadless art" or this endeavor is not going to feed you. Strange that I should spend so much time blogging don't you think ...


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.