Thursday, March 21, 2024

My Son is Growing Up

It's amazing when your parents die, if you spent the last moment of that person's life, the feeling stays with you forever. I was lucky enough to have come home when my mother was dying of cancer and in a state of delirium only to get back to her old self for a brief period before she died in my company. I always think that was a gift of God. But the one thing that stays with me is how happy my mother was at just having made the decision to have children. My mother was not only an only child but an unwanted only child. I don't even think she loved my father. She just was tired of being single and in bad relationships. Any way, my mom was so happy to have had her children by her side when she died. It stays with you or at least it stays with me always. What is life without children?



Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.