Thursday, December 17, 2009

David Trobisch Says It Best - Carlson's 'Forgery Accusations' Only Work with Low Resolution Photos

For some reason the great David Trobisch, a man internationally recognized for his work on the Letters of Paul, the formation of the Christian Bible, and biblical manuscripts, doesn't delete my emails when they come in to his inbox.

Indeed he actually responds to my questions and sometimes even talks to me on the telephone.

In any event, I sent him that link to Roger Viklund's article which demonstrates how shoddy the methodology behind Stephen Carlson's Gospel Hoax is. I also asked him to give me his thoughts and here is the response he gave me while in transit tonight:

[Viklund's] arguments are absolutely clear and convincing. The "forgery" accusations only works with the low resolution photos. An excellent article.
Greetings from Germany.


The bottom line is that THERE IS NO CASE AGAINST TO THEODORE. This is the 'crown jewel' of Carlson's arguments. If Trobisch says there's nothing to it, there's nothing to it, folks.

Can't we just get on with UNDERSTANDING this intriguing text, again?

BTW I sent him a link to my big post from yesterday and all I got was that mine was 'a fine piece.' Well, Viklund's piece deserves bigger praise as it exposes what a crock this whole 'controversy' has been from the start.


Email stephan.h.huller@gmail.com with comments or questions.


 
Stephan Huller's Observations by Stephan Huller
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.